Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Condesa Market of Wonders

I had always been meaning to check out the Tuesday market in Condesa, but, like many other things (i.e. buying a bike and expanding my Spanish vocabulary), it had yet to come to fruition - until this afternoon. I needed a bunch of fruits and veggies for a little fiesta I'm hosting to welcome back my friends Nick and Emily, who reported from Haiti for the Wall Street Journal and as a freelancer, respectively, and Grant, who's heading there on Thursday to cover for various outlets. I decided that rather than buy the overpriced and gross produce from the Sumesa grocery store nearby, I'd take advantage of the half-hour break before I needed to zip on over to the office.

It was magical.

If I had had more than a mere 20 minutes to spend there, I probably would've stayed for hours, stolen my rent money back from Paul and bought everything within site. Fortunately, someone else has already spoken for this market, so read more on Mark Bittman's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment