So that 4-6 hour catamaran I was complaining about doesn't exist. I checked my e-mails with the middlewoman, and they all confirm the trip for Monday the 28th at 1:30 (be there early!) Except when I arrived and no boat was at the dock, the hotel driver who took me called the captain and he said he usually leaves Thursday or Friday, and never once in his life at 1:30. After screaming "Que mierda!!!" at the driver, who then laughed at me, I decided against racing to take a ferry to La Ceiba and a second ferry from La Ceiba to Utila, which would wind up costing me $70. So here I am, another night in Roatán. I'm hoping to get some last-minute lodging at another resort, and also take the ferry company up on their initial offer to give me a round-trip ticket from La Ceiba to Roatán. And I'll just have to figure out when I can get back to Utila. In the end, I hope it turns out to be a blessing. When I do reschedule the Utila trip, I'll make it for 2 nights instead of one frantic hellish morning of racing to get everything done before the afternoon ferry. The only problem is figuring out when I'll get to do this, since my adventure to La Moskitia has yet to be confirmed.
I just rode 45 minutes to the dock, spent 5 minutes whining and took 45 more minutes to get back. And here I am at the resort from this morning, trying to figure out what to do. Of course this would be a great opportunity to get done all I didn't before, if I weren't in some peaceful, tranquil place (read: middle of nowhere).
Que mierda.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment